MEASURE FOR BLINDS, SHUTTERS, SHADES AND WINDOW COVERINGS
How do you measure for Calgary Blinds and Window Coverings you ask? If you would like to measure your own windows, it’s a good idea to take several measurements from your windows. These basic window measuring tips that will get you perfect measurements for window treatments!
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
Measuring Instructions for Calgary Blinds, Shades and Shutters
This is intended as a guide, to help you provide us with accurate measurements for your order or for getting a rough estimate of cost.
When measuring windows, please use the following guidelines:
- Use a metal tape measure. Cloth or plastic tape measures should not be used as they do not provide accurate measurements.
- Measure all windows, even if they look similar as even 1/8th of an inch can make a difference in how your blind will fit.
- Record measurements in inches to the closest 1/8th of an inch. Record measurements width first, height second (WxH). Do not make deductions.
- Measure the recess for an inside treatment to ensure there is enough room to accommodate the width of the blind you are considering.
- If you are unsure of your measurements or need assistance please contact
There are two ways of mounting your window treatment, each involving different measurements.
An inside-mounted blind covers just the window, leaving the window frame and trim exposed. To measure for an inside mount, the width is the measurement across the window casing from one inside edge to the other. Measure the window in at least three spots across the width, at the top, the middle and the bottom. Always record the narrowest width. The height is the measurement from the top inside casing to the top of the window sill. Measure at the side and the center and record the longest height. (WxH).
A blind on an outside-mount covers the window as well as the window frame. The width is the measurement from one outside edge of the casing to the other. Measure in at least three spots, bottom, center, and top. Record the widest measurement. The height is the measurement from the top outside edge of the casing to the bottom of the outside edge of the casing. On windows with window sills measure from the top outside edge of the casing to the top of the window sill. Once again measure in at least three spots and record the longest measurement. Hardware is usually mounted to the window frame.